GSM modem doesn't power off when Neo does

Shawn Rutledge shawn.t.rutledge at gmail.com
Tue Feb 19 20:54:17 CET 2008

On Feb 19, 2008 12:34 PM, Kevin Dean <kevin at foreverdean.info> wrote:
> Bug #1003 can't be closed. The wording of the bug says "GSM is not
> powered down when Linux is shut down" implies that the kernel is
> capable of doing this. There are two ways to shut down the GSM modem,
> the AT at POFF via gsmd which CAN NOT be brought back up without a
> complete hardware restart (I'm thinking remove battery for 10 seconds,

Really?  You turn the radio off and then you can never turn it on
again without pulling the battery?

If so it's quite the oversight, isn't it.  So a userspace app to
control the GSM radio manually would even be pointless then, because
you can't get it turned back on?

I wonder if there is some extra pad where a modification could be
made, to pull down a reset line via software?