Qtopia/X11 Weekly Status
zecke at selfish.org
Sun Feb 24 13:53:40 CET 2008
Trolltech did most of the hard work to port Qtopia to X11, so we benefit from
What was done the last week:
- Setting up a git tree at git.openmoko.org
- Making the Qtopia snapshot compile against X11
- Looking into how Qtopia is managing windows and how this interacts
with Window Managers. Testing with kwin, metacity, matchbox and E.
- Minor bugfixes, patches were sent to the qtopia-interest mailinglist .
- Updating to a new snapshot.
- How to integrate Qtopia on X11. Keep the launcher or use the applications
only. What to do with the services in the server, move them to an
autostarted daemon? Decision is pending.
- The header and soft-menu of Qtopia set NETWM_STRUT, NETWM_STRUT_PARTIAL
and we assume that the Window Manager is setting NETWM_WORKAREA, this is
not happening for E.
- Input to the Soft Menu bar. With E the soft menu and header can
get 'focus'/'input'/'active window' (no idea about the right x terminology)
even if XSetWMHints set input to false.
- Window Decorations. How to deal with them? Disable them in Qtopia? Change
- On slow start Datebook/Todo try to import data, something is wrong with the
QCOP implementation on X11?
Plans for next week:
- Try to decide about the Qtopia integration
- Look into the last item.
comments, question would be appreciated and please try to compile it :)
More information about the distro-devel