28 Feb 2008 Truncated Snapshot

John Lee john_lee at openmoko.com
Fri Feb 29 20:26:03 CET 2008

On Fri, Feb 29, 2008 at 12:54:26PM -0500, Kevin Dean wrote:
> Hey everyone.
>
> As of Feb 27, buildhost began making new snapshots. Between the 20th
> and the 27 there was an issue in openmoko-tasks2 that prevented the
> new rootfs from being created. John fixed this as he returned from
> FOSDEM and new images returned.

Because buildhost is set to do the incremental build now to reduce the
load because we don't have really good hardware in that server.  That
means I don't remove the tmpdir but build upon it again so OE only
needs to build new stuffs.  However, after you keep it running like
this for weeks, OE will have some strange behaviors.

For example, openmoko-tasks2 can build fine if you start from scratch,
but it keeps failing on the buildhost.  After I cleaned up the work
and stamps directories, it resumes normal.  Same thing happened to
linux-openmoko, too.

I'll look into this once I have some time.  Because we're doing a big
update to sync from the OE upstream and merge back now, I'll do it
afterward.

Cheers,
John