Qtopia Phone OM Status

Graeme Gregory graeme at openmoko.org
Wed Jan 23 18:06:31 CET 2008

So my status so far on qtopia-phone for Open Moko

I have been playing with a .bb file supplied by Lorn and trying to
knock it into shape so that it is better fitting for OE. The current
state of the file is available at

http://people.openmoko.org/graeme/qtopia-phone

So far I have imported the patches from qtopia-core into this recipe
they needed a bit of rejigging for paths.

The recipe currently manages to get through configure and starts to
compile. It currently falls over trying to run a moc instance it has
compiled for arm. I need to investigate this as it seems to be the
same way qtopia-core is built.

It has also been pointed out to me by Holger (zecke) that he has a
project ongoing to tidy and split out qtopia into neat buildable
packages. This work certainly supercedes mine and is the way to go
for the future. Although I need to continue this way due to time
constraints I think people should concentrate on helping zecke
finish his work.

Graeme (XorA)