Integration Roadmap

John Lee john_lee at openmoko.com
Wed Jan 30 04:14:22 CET 2008

On Tue, Jan 29, 2008 at 01:42:45PM +0100, Hanno Wendt wrote:
> Hello John,
>
> as the integration of Jalimo seems to work, I'd like to ask how we will
> move on. I understood from Michael that Jalimo should serve as a basis
> to put openmoko into the position to use the Processing framework,
> (which still would need a little tweaking).
> Perhaps there also other purposes for Jalimo in openmoko?
> If you already planned what should happen, it would be great to know and
> we could develop a roadmap for 2008. So let's see what we can do together.
>
> Kind Regards
> Hanno

I have just tried to run processing apps on cacao + classpath-gtk.
It's a kind of slow in running and loading, and I wonder what we can
do about that.  I haven't touched java for quite a while.  At the
moment I can only describe some rough ideas:

* We want to put in as many java support as possible

* We want to polish it and make it run smoothly on OM and neo, if
  possible.

Could you suggest:

* What extra packages can we make available for OM?

* How can we help to enhance the performance on neo? (How much can we
  do?  Floating point calculation is constrained by arm.)

We are working on xglamo for gta02.  I believe gtk will get
performance gain after we're done.

I think the final version of gta02 hardware will be ready soon.  If
you need it for tweaking I believe we can arrage it.

Regards,
John