Please update assassin version on ASU.dev

Holger Freyther zecke at openmoko.org
Mon Jun 30 04:30:16 CEST 2008

On Monday 30 June 2008 02:47:38 Carsten Haitzler wrote:
> On Sun, 29 Jun 2008 09:13:09 +0200 Holger Freyther <zecke at openmoko.org>
babbled:

> to know if you have a usable network that can actually access repositories.
> you can only know reliably by trying. just because you have an ip address
> assigned doesn't mean your network works (you hay have massive packet loss
> or no signal, you may have connected to a private internal network that
> doesn't route out to the internet etc.). you may have a firewall or proxy
> in the way too. no way i know of at least to know if you can get out and
> connect to a particular location without actually trying. :)

Sure, but how is assassin trying to connect with CURL any better than opkg
trying to connect with CURL? If I change the opkg config files (to download
from another repository) I do not want assassin to call home. E.g. I removed
the bogus DNS entry in our "interfaces" so resolving a hostname should fail
rather quickly...

z.