Qtopia/X11 Weekly Status
zecke at selfish.org
Sun Mar 9 17:10:22 CET 2008
Done this week:
- Illume and Qtopia integration. Thanks to raster the softmenu is placed
properly, the SoftMenu is never getting active and plenty of other issues.
- App launching and freedesktop.org files. Apps are launched through qpe, the
Exec line of the .desktop file uses qcop
- Placement of menu's and dialogs, fighting infinite resize loops due Qtopia
believing it could control the screen.
- PIN Dialog and other considerations on the Phone stuff
- Beginning of an OpenEmbedded integration of Qtopia/X11
- Creation of wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/QtopiaOnX11 to keep track of known
short-, mid- and longterm issues.
- On slow start Datebook/Todo try to import data, something is wrong
with the QCOP implementation on X11? Fixed and the issue is known
as N201899 by trolltech
Seen and not fixed:
- message view has bugs if you display a message from the contacts
application and navigate back to contacts not using the back button on the
softmenu. This is known as #201850 by trolltech.
Planned next week:
- E is setting NETWM_WORKAREA undo my changes of popup placement.
- OpenEmbedded integration
- Crash fixes and bug hunting
- Continue on the OE Integration
- Splitting up the Qtopia tree.
- Fly back to Europe
The priority is to get illume and Qtopia running on a GTA02.
comments, questions, flowers?
More information about the distro-devel