Nightly Builds and OpenEmbedded

John Lee john_lee at openmoko.com
Fri Mar 14 19:01:05 CET 2008

On Fri, Mar 14, 2008 at 11:08:02AM -0400, Kevin Dean wrote:
> John,
>
> Just a heads up. You once mentioned "OE gets weird" when doing
> incrimental builds and I THINK we may be having that issue again.
> Sound has been broken on GTA01 since 29 Feb 2008. Grame addressed this
> two days ago and committed a fix to that as well as closed a bug in
> the bluetooth applet a few moments later. These changes are NOT in the
> 14 March 2008 snapshot, two days after the change was merged.
>
> However, Thomas Wood committed a change about 20 hours ago, and this
> chance IS visable in today's snapshots.
>
> Just wanted to give you a heads up to poke around when you get a chance. Thanks!
>
> -Kevin Dean

(cc'ing distro-devel)

Hi Kevin,

Thanks for telling me this.  I have just spent some time on it and
found out that even though I updated the bitbake version (the cooker
of OE) and verified okay last time, the problem still remains after a
few builds.  I have reflected this to the maintainer.  Right now the
workaround is to wipe out the bitbake cache before the build starts.
Let's see if this works.

Regards,
John