Openmoko Monotone Changes

Rod Whitby rod at whitby.id.au
Mon Mar 24 10:55:38 CET 2008

Graeme Gregory wrote:
> There have been some major changes in the Openmoko monotone repository.
> MokoMakefile users need to
>
> make update-makefile
> make update
>
> then follow instructions to remove patches and openembedded directories.

You'll end up running "make update" twice - see below for details.

When you do this update, the makefile will ask you to remove the patches
directory and the stamps/patches file.  This is to ensure that you get a
correct checkout from the new svn.projects.openmoko.org location.  Make
sure you have no local changes in the patches directory ("cd patches ;
svn status") before doing this (it's unlikely that you will, but I have
to say this so no-one is surprised that their local patches get deleted).

Then you will be asked to run "make setup-patches" - this will checkout
the empty patches directories from the new home of MokoMakefile into
your patches directory.

Then when you run "make update" again, the makefile will ask you to
remove the openemebedded directory and the stamps/openembedded file.
This is to ensure that you get a correct checkout from the new branch.
Make sure you have no local changes in the openembedded directory ("mtn
status ; mtn list unknown") before doing this.

Then you will be asked to run "make setup-openembedded" - this will
checkout the new org.openmoko.dev branch into your openembedded directory.

Then you're ready to build.

BTW, I have also moved MokoMakefile back to projects.openmoko.org (it
was there originally, but anon svn checkout was broken so I had to move
it to nslu2-linux.org), so that OM staff and other well-respected
developers can have commit access to fix problems when I'm not available.

[That's the reason why the patches directory had to be updated]

-- Rod