Qtopia/X11 Weekly Status (5)

William Lai will at openmoko.com
Thu Mar 27 11:15:57 CET 2008

Wolfgang Spraul wrote:
> Holger,
>
>> Open issues/Todo:
>>     - Closing Qtopia apps using the 'X' button..
>
> How does Qtopia normally close apps? Last I heard was still that Will
> & Sean want to get rid of the 'X' button and have a more invisible way
> for the system to manage open applications, close them automatically
> after a long period of inactivity or when low on memory etc. Normally
> just leave them open. Something like that.

Just sent an earlier email to the gta02 list (all of you were cc'ed).
I don't have a Qtopia build so I havent tried this, but No, we do not
want 'Xs'.
Holger, have a look at the flash demo attached to that email.  Its
pretty self explanatory.

> Will, please let Holger know what you want. Do you have a GTA01/Qtopia
> phone somewhere? How do they close apps?
Will try this out tomorrow.
I know on Raster motorolla running Qtopia it closes with an X button.
I'll try with a Neo tomorrow.

Will