Qtopia/X11 Weekly Status (5)

Holger Freyther zecke at openmoko.org
Thu Mar 27 14:21:58 CET 2008

On Thursday 27 March 2008 04:53:15 Lorn Potter wrote:
> Wolfgang Spraul wrote:
> > Holger,
> >
> >> Open issues/Todo:
> >>     - Closing Qtopia apps using the 'X' button..
> >
> > How does Qtopia normally close apps? Last I heard was still that Will &
> > Sean want to get rid of the 'X' button and have a more invisible way for
> > the system to manage open applications, close them automatically after a
> > long period of inactivity or when low on memory etc. Normally just leave
> > them open. Something like that.
>
> There is a bar at the bottom with two icons/buttons, on the right is
> "Back", which hides/closes apps. There is also the menu at the bottom left
> which usually has "Cancel"
>
> Holding the "Home" button (Aux) will get you a list of running apps which
> you can then switch to (bring to the front).

I should have been more clear. For some apps:
	Clicking the "Back" button will exit the process
	Clicking close (the WM sends a WM_DELETE) will hide the window but not quit
the application. In rasters and my opinion there should be no difference.

the change shouldn't be too hard (probably in qtopiaapplication.cpp)

z.