How to compile a application for Openmoko

Dominik Krenner Dominik.Krenner at FH-Hagenberg.at
Wed May 7 15:11:36 CEST 2008

Hello, Openmoko world!

After reading some hours and pages in the openmoko wiki, i realized that
that i still don't know how to build a application which will run on
openmoko. I managed to get Qemu with openmok running on Ubuntu 8.04 via
MokoMakefile and created  a small hello world application using the
toolchain, but i don't get a readyto-build application like cURL, libidn
etc. to compile for the openmoko platform.

I tried the following, but still its built for my notebook system and
not for openmoko.

. /usr/local/openmoko/arm/setup-env
./configure --host=arm-angstrom-linux-gnueabi
--prefix=/usr/local/openmoko/arm
make
sudo make install

The problem seems to be that i don't tell make to use the openmoko
makefile correctly?

In addtion here are some other questions:
What exactly does ". /usr/local/openmoko/arm/setup-env" do? Why not use
"/usr/local/openmoko/arm/setup-env"? (Without the leading dot)
How can i tell make or config what tools to use?
In which step to i tell a project using autogen.sh which platform i will
compile for?

With best regards, Dominik