SRCREV and git packages

Holger Freyther zecke at openmoko.org
Sun May 11 20:20:56 CEST 2008

Hey,

we, as in Openmoko, have preferred SRCDATE for git based recipes over SRCREV
for one simple reason. We need an increasing number for the package version
and for git we made a number up and stored it within the tmp directory.
Removing the tmp directory removed that numbers and we had new packages going
back.

To partially avoid this issue. Get the latest Bitbake from the bitbake-1.8
branch and put something like this [1] into your local.conf. This will put
the persistent data into your home directory and you can wipe the tmp dir
without losing this. Another approach is coming soon as well.

take care
	z.

[1] "PERSISTENT_DIR = "${HOME}/.bitbake/something-unique/"