[RFC] When to switch to git

Graeme Gregory graeme at openmoko.org
Mon May 12 20:22:21 CEST 2008

On Mon, May 12, 2008 at 06:53:47PM +0200, Holger Freyther wrote:
> On Monday 12 May 2008 13:18:54 Wolfgang Spraul wrote:
> > from my perspective: as soon as possible.
>
> awesome.
>
> > One less tool for people to learn.
> > A switch like this has _potentially_ unlimited side-effects. So as
> > soon as  you start thinking about the risk of delaying software
> > releases that's just another way of saying you will never switch.
> > I would switch as fast as is technically possible.
>
> I will diff the mtn and git version of the "same" tree and try a build.
> Technically there shouldn't be any show-stoppers. I will keep you updated. I
> think I have something to say by Thursday.

Holger, what do we need in the way of server infrastructure?

I think it would be nice if we could keep an updating OE branch in the
git until such time as OE abandons mtn. Just to make merging OE->OM
easier.

I think we aim to make the switch on monday and go public wednesday? Or
is this too short a timetable?

Graeme