[RFC] SRCREV in PV for git packages

Holger Freyther zecke at openmoko.org
Tue May 13 01:46:40 CEST 2008

Hey,
if you use SRCREV inside the PV and have a SRCREV_pn-foo in a config file, you
will end with packages that might or might not be upgradable. Only for SRCREV
= AUTOREV as sortable revision is generated.

At Openmoko I'm currently trying the following fix to this issue and would
like to get some feedback to it. Once I push I will send you my changes as
well.

conf/bitbake.conf:
+SRCPV = "${bb.fetch.get_srcrev(d)}"

change SRCREV in the PV to SRCPV in all packages.

Q: What does it do?