[RFC] When to switch to git

Holger Freyther zecke at openmoko.org
Fri May 16 01:47:42 CEST 2008

On Monday 12 May 2008 18:53:47 Holger Freyther wrote:

> I will diff the mtn and git version of the "same" tree and try a build.
> Technically there shouldn't be any show-stoppers. I will keep you updated.
> I think I have something to say by Thursday.

Okay. I have compared the source tree from the git and mtn conversion. In the
git tree there are some files that shouldn't be there but this is not a grave
issue and does not influence the build. My build is still going on though.
More tomorrow.

So the plan would be to switch over to git on monday (of my timezone) and be
able to use it on tuesday.

Things left to do:
	- Tell people how to switch? Any hints?
	- Disable write access to monotone.openmoko.org
	- Enable write access to git.openmoko.org
	- Disable non fast forwards for the main branches
	- Switch the autobuilder over
	- Commit mails
	- What else?

z.