Fundamental issues for the ASU

Carsten Haitzler (The Rasterman) raster at openmoko.org
Fri May 16 16:33:10 CEST 2008

On Fri, 16 May 2008 16:25:47 +0200 Holger Freyther <zecke at openmoko.org> babbled:

> Hey,
>
> for the ASU I only have two bugs that worry me:
>
> 	- Xglamo eating all of my CPU after a while (94% now). I will try to
> get a backtrace. Anyone with a spare cycle to look into this? This issue only
> comes after the device is on for a long time(in my case over 20 hours). And
> we already have a open bug for this. Anyone interested in fixing it?
>
> 	The backtace looks innocent:
> 		#0  0x401f88ac in gettimeofday () from /lib/libc.so.6
> 		#1  0x00014eb4 in GLAMOEngineWaitReal ()
> 		#2  0x00015270 in GLAMOFlushCMDQCache ()
> 		#3  0x00015e70 in GLAMOBlockHandler ()
> 		#4  0x0001f704 in BlockHandler ()
> 		#5  0x000ec274 in WaitForSomething ()
> 		#6  0x00038a2c in Dispatch ()
> 		#7  0x00022c60 in main ()
> 		#8  0x401909fc in __libc_start_main () from /lib/libc.so.6
> 		#9  0x00012614 in _start ()

gah! waiting for the cmdq to flush and it never does. thats bad. too much
context switching - lets keep this filed for now?

> 	- modem resume. The modem is waking up the host but no data is
> actually transferred on the serial. This might be a bug in the modem or the
> infamous flow control issue (first mentioned by Uli Luckas in 2005, and we at
> Openmoko have it as well, reported and investigated by mwester).

yup. i can confirm this is always happening to me too. i need to resolve
qt/qtopia vs illume behaviro issues right now - after that i can dig up the
glamo code and have a hack.