Fundamental issues for the ASU

Mike (mwester) mwester at dls.net
Fri May 16 16:39:46 CEST 2008

Holger Freyther wrote:

> 	- modem resume. The modem is waking up the host but no data is actually
> transferred on the serial. This might be a bug in the modem or the infamous
> flow control issue (first mentioned by Uli Luckas in 2005, and we at Openmoko
> have it as well, reported and investigated by mwester).
>
> 	I will investigate after fixing some kernel suspend/resume issues and file a
> bug and try to reach sean? Or who could help me finding out what the modem is
> thinking?

I have an instrumented kernel built that should be able to answer that question.
  While this readme is slightly outdated,
http://moko.mwester.net/readme_kernel_mw07.txt gives an overview of the nature
of the diagnostics provided.

The kernel is a GTA01 kernel at present. If this code might be helpful to you,
I'll be happy to strip out the GTA01-specific stuff, and build a GTA02 kernel --
or just provide the instrumentation in the form of a patch if you prefer that.

Mike (mwester)