asu missing...

joerg at openmoko.org joerg at openmoko.org
Tue May 20 22:11:39 CEST 2008

Am Di  20. Mai 2008 schrieb Carsten Haitzler:
> On Tue, 20 May 2008 12:18:29 +1000 Lorn Potter <lpotter at trolltech.com>
babbled:

> > Carsten Haitzler (The Rasterman) wrote:
> > > one thing we'd be shooting ourselves not to ship.
> > >
> > > a TERMINAL.
> > >
> > > don't ship that by default and we will be murdered. (gpe-terminal won't
work
> > > with the new no-manual-keyboard thing either).
> > >

> > The htc-linux guys ported konsole in the unofficial qtopia git:
> >
> > git clone git://git.asheesh.org/qtopia_snapshot.git
>
> we be needing that :)

YEP, agree! And you can bet who's first to shoot someone when missing "my"
terminal ;-)
I think it's a bad idea to have no manually on/off kbd, especially for
terminal. Also wonder how to play minesweeper - some idea how to mark mines?
right mouse button???
Please keep a functional(!) terminal to use with touchscreen, as a last resort
for hackers when far from home. Don't mind taking me 2 minutes to enter one
cmd, but really drives me nuts to figure how to get around not having
any "special" chars like "/", "cursor up" etc. PLEASE don't start
another "that's no valid usecase"-debate!
As long as there's no app for it, I just happily will use "iwlist eth0 scan"

ps: still wondering why the &@§#multipress-kbd is not producing "/" etc in
OM-terminal (ok, OT;), due to broken "#" key. "\" is an especially hard one,
even with using c&p. Incredibly annoying :-(

cheers
jOERG