Qtopia/X11 Weekly Status (12)

Holger Freyther zecke at openmoko.org
Sat May 24 18:19:20 CEST 2008

Hey,
sorry for another late update. I have been working on:

	- moving OE metadata to git. git.openmoko.org provides bitbake/oe now

	- we now have a branch plan and full spec for the ASU. I hope we have a
public mail within a couple of days and you will also see a new name.

	- I have poked a funny keyevent reordering bug in Qt/X11 triggered by the
virtual keyboard of illume.

	- I tried to change Qt/X11 to have one layout resize, one resize and one
paint on application startup. This makes Qtopia look a lot better on startup
(no more guessing the size, halfway drawing, resizing, redrawing on startup)

	- I poked Qtopia to honor/write /etc/timezone and use that as the source for
the timezone name. Seems to work, illume's/e's clock still needs some poking.

	- Worked on packaging qtopia, locking the distro down, updated the checksums.

	- No progress on the resume issues.

Plans:
	- Work on the resume issue
	- Find/search some more races in the Qtopia phone handling code.
	- Review the used AT commands for missing encoding/decoding issues.
	- Look at the touchscreen driver and see if we can get better data.
	- Kill the mediaserver to reduce latency and quality when playing ringtones
and alerts.
	- Work on the other ASU stuff.
	- Fix the ugly icons, I know they are a visual offense.

comments and questions are welcome
	z.