Qtopia/X11 Weekly Status (12)

Holger Freyther zecke at openmoko.org
Wed May 28 09:13:09 CEST 2008

Hey,

I got some private questions and prefer to answer them in public:

Q: Worked on "Qtopia packaging", what does this mean?
A: We are forced to compile Qtopia in one go, but after make install we split
that up into a lot of packages. I reordered some files in the packages,
created some new ones (e.g. where we want to have app installed but
no .desktop file).

Q: Resume issue. What issue?
A: We have at least two separate issues here.

One is that with the kernel config (defconfig-gta02) as used by OE will create
a kernel that does not resume at all. defconfig-2.6.24 has more debug output
which will "solve" this resume issue. So some kind of timing issue on resume

The other is the infamous no resume after a while of sleep.

Q: What does "Fix the ugly icons, I know they are a visual offense."
A: The Qtopia icons are SVG but with "convert" of imagemagick it honored the
viewbox of the svg and we scaled that image up, in contrast to rendering the
svg in the right size...

z.