Main page change notification

William Lai will at openmoko.com
Fri Aug 1 14:37:44 CEST 2008

Minh Ha Duong wrote:
> Dear friends,
>
>   I just landed a big update to the main page !
>
> http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Main_Page

This is sooo in the right direction ;)

> Hope you like it. Thanks to Ferenc, Bernt, Mercury, Montgoss and Stryderjzw
> for helping.

Thank you!!

> Please express yourself by improving it further as you see fit.
> It definitely can use more polish:
>
> - The layout has been tested with Firefox and Konqueror only.

Safari looks good too.

> - Obviously feeding the news automatically from an RSS flow would be better,
> as Aaron said. Pending that there will be a need to feed the newsbox
> manually.

Cool.

> - I support Brian's remark that "DOCS" should be "BUGS"

How about 'Trac'?  Thats what it is, and most sites that use trac link
it that way.

Btw, Some people like single-worded sections like:

News
Introduction
Users
Developers

I personally do, but it's not a big issue.  What do you guys think?

> - I add that in the same linkbar, "HOME" and "WIKI" lead to the same page.
>
> In doubt, don't hesitate to use the "Discussion" tab of this page. I apologize
> in advance for not following up very closely in the next weeks, but familly
> vacations come first.

Safe trip!

Will