Proposal: Wiki Maintainer of the Month

Brian C brianwc at OCF.Berkeley.EDU
Fri Aug 1 19:28:12 CEST 2008

Proposal:

The first week of each new month, those on the documentation list should
look back over the prior month and nominate a Wiki Maintainer of the
Month.  Then Brenda and Openmoko can pick one or we could have a vote
among the Maintainers team or whatever method people think best.  Maybe
Openmoko would provide some T-shirts or hats or something to the winner as
a small thank you for working on the wiki for free!

If people like the idea, then for last month I nominate Wiki User: Tingo

See: http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/User:Tingo
and http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Special:Contributions/Tingo

While he doesn't have the most edits from last month, I don't think that
should be the only factor considered.  Instead, I think he deserves the
title because he proposed the idea of the Wiki Maintainers team and got it
accepted, and I believe that crucial first step will eventually lead to
improved documentation for Openmoko's products and the Openmoko community.
 We might not be here without him, so even if no one else likes this idea,
I applaud Tingo's effort.

--
Brian