Main page change notification

Ferenc Veres lion at netngine.hu
Fri Aug 1 21:18:51 CEST 2008

Hi all,

Paul Boddie írta, 2008-08-01 19:23 keltezéssel:

> Another subject which came up was the "Main Page" title and whether it can be
> suppressed. I'm no MediaWiki expert, but one approach might involve actually
> creating a page called "Welcome to Openmoko" and then making that the main
> page:
>
> http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Manual:FAQ#How_do_I_change_which_page_is_the_main_page.3F
>
> It's something of a hack, but the visual effect may be good enough. Obviously,
> you would then drop the heading with that text from the page content. And you
> might want to have a redirect from Main_Page, too.
>
> I hope this is useful advice!

Very good idea.

We cannot change the name of the main page (permission):

http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/MediaWiki:Mainpage

So this could be done by Brenda only. I think the page could be moved to
the new title:

http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Special:Movepage/Main_Page

Welcome to Openmoko

and then the Mainpage changed on the link above. Anybody knows any
sideeffect? Would this break anything?