Distributions page update

Ferenc Veres lion at netngine.hu
Sat Aug 2 00:47:34 CEST 2008

Hi all,

I've rearranged the Distributions page. I think it should now fit better
for the frontpage link.

new version:

http://wiki.openmoko.org/index.php?title=Distributions&oldid=44004

previous version:

http://wiki.openmoko.org/index.php?title=Distributions&oldid=43995

(Unfortunately descriptions are longer now, but well, they explain quite
well. I hope Mickey won't mind the copy-paste. :-) )

Feel free to edit.

Directions on "How to choose" at the bottom would be cool, if anyone has
some good recommendations. (I didn't have time to test my FR yet. :-( )

Is 2007.2 abandoned? I didn't dare to add this note! We should let the
visitors know.

I still plan to remove some of the download links, because those links
directly into FTP won't help the users a lot. But that will need
examining whether the

http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Latest_Images

fulfills all its requirements.

Looks ok at first peek. I think we should keep all download instructions
pointing to this single page (except of course which are linked to
specific releases, e.g. snapshot reviews). (This incudes avoiding direct
linking to download locations.)

I am afraid none of the download pages mention that if you cannot find
for example KERNEL in a specific day, you can pick a kernel from
previous days.

Regards,