Distributions page update

Ferenc Veres lion at netngine.hu
Mon Aug 4 11:20:22 CEST 2008

Hi,

BrendaWang wrote:
> How about merge "Latest Images " into "Download " page? Because
> "Download" page is easy to access on wiki.
>
> http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Latest_Images#2007.2_GTK_Image
>

> http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Download

Yes, definitely a good idea! Well, those pages have the same purpose.
They were both created in the beginning of July and they were edited a
lot since that. People kept on maintaining two pages for the same
purpose. :-(

"Download" is the better name, in my opinion ("Downloads" is more common
on the net anyway, but well, let's leave it download for now...) Since
Wiki cannot remove the "s" in search (like Google can), thus it cannot
find any good "downloads", I'll make a "Downloads" page which redirects
to "Download".

Search for "Downloads" results in Toolchain! ;-D

Please note that categories "Neo Freerunner" and "FSO" on the same level
is an opening to confusion. Either use main titles for the hardware
names OR the distribution names, but not both. The "Latest Images" page
uses the distribution names, and then links to the both phones under
that, fine with me, it will match the Distributions page in this case.

I would vote for moving the CAD to the end. There is so big hype on
those CAD files, while only a few are really interested in those, I
guess. (I don't know. :-p )

Using H2-s for grouping these downloads and then H3 for the download
sections would help a bit to keep all these various downloads on one
page, something like:

= Download =

== Distributions ==
(latest images intro comes here)
=== Openmoko2007.2 (GTK) images ===
=== FSO...
We need to use the same names all around. And add "GTK" to the
Distributions page, I forgot that. Fixed.

== Tools ==
note from me: (what is openocd...? and the link points to a directory
forbidden!)

== CAD files ==

== Artwork ==

== Documentation ==