[suggestion] about Software and Repositorities
simarillion at gmx.de
Mon Aug 4 13:55:23 CEST 2008
I know you're actually doing a great job in improving the wiki and I don't
want the disturb your work. So if you already have better ideas feel free to
ignore my suggestions. Because due to exams I cannot offer to do it myself.
There are two things I would suggest.
First of all I think the Page http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Repositories is
very important and because it cannot be found by the search it should be
linked at a good place. Additionally I think that Page needs a rework:
1. It looks very ugly that some categories are in red.
2. I think right now there is a mix of real Repositorities and Image links
which should be clearly seperated. I think the image links should not be on
3. It should be easier to find out which image (ASU, FSO, ...) works with that
4. I miss the ASU repositority
The second thing is, I think it would be great to have a Page
called "additional software" (or similar) which should be linked at the main
Page Software Category. On that page should be:
1. Software Cathegories (Games, Multimedia, PIM, etc...)
2. In each Category there should only be links: For example in Multimedia
there should be a link to a page called Mediaplayer
3. on that page Mediaplayer should be a howto install the mediaplayers on the
different images ( and how to use that tool )
4. On the top of the pages should be mentioned which pages should have been
read before this howto can be done. For example for tangogps you need
Perhaps a template for software Pages would be great, perhaps like this.
U could make that "additional software" page, link there the empty templates
and anounce at the mailing list that the community should fill them.
All the best,
More information about the documentation