Networking pages?

Peter Naulls peter at chocky.org
Mon Aug 4 19:30:48 CEST 2008

Michael Shiloh wrote:

> Torfinn Ingolfsen wrote:
>> Hello all,
>>
>> We now have the following pages that deals with networking (including
>> pages in localized languages):
>> http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Wireless_Networking
>> http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/USB_Networking
>> http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/How_to_use_bluetooth_to_transfer_data_between_Neo_and_Desk-top
>> The "manually using Bluetooth" page also documents some networking:
>> http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Manually_using_Bluetooth
>>
>> Perhaps we should have a "Networking" page that links to those pages?
>> What you you think?
>

> You could also use the networking "category". I've been trying to see if
> the "categories" is useful. I'm not so sure, because it requires that
> the author correctly categorize their page, and if they spell it
> differently it misses it. Worse if their native tongue isn't english and
> they use a different word all together.

Hi guys.  I recently rewrote the USB Networking page, (with a
significant drop in queries on the IRC channel in how to make it work)
and will work on improvements to the others.  Networking across
multiple interfaces is a tricky business, and some care is needed.

Clearly those bluetooth topics are pretty awkward, and in need of
rename and probably consolidation.

In other words, I will take a degree of ownership of anything networking
related.