css: tables, links

Ferenc Veres lion at netngine.hu
Tue Aug 5 01:40:41 CEST 2008

Hi all,

Two CSS questions.

One, I still would like to change the visited color link. Both on the
Wiki and the Mailing Lists archives. To a "color which looks used", as
Jacob Nielsen on www.useit.com wrote... I linked in my first mail here.
(This is a serious usabilty issue.)

Second, the tables. We could avoid the difficult markup, if we decide
which table designs to use, and someone could add them to the file
described here: http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/MediaWiki:Common.css Then
we simply make table with {| style="neo" and then all design is applied.

My tests are here:

http://lion.xaraya.hu/pictures/openmoko-css/openmoko-wiki-tables.html

This includes the "unreadable but cool" table, and a light one. And some
tests for visited link colors. (Click some links to make it visited.) On
one of them you can try any color with the small form.

Of course, I would like the light one to be included in the system css
files. :-) If you wanna test some more things, let me know, I'll try to
make the needed HTML/CSS.

Notes: Main_Page table header color differs a bit from link color, so I
used the link one in table headers. Press material downloadable from
openmoko.com does not contain official color codes.

Many thanks,