downloads.openmoko.org

John Reese jreese at leetcode.net
Tue Aug 5 18:51:23 CEST 2008

Copying this to the doc list, from devel@

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: downloads.openmoko.org
Date: Tue, 5 Aug 2008 18:13:51 +0800
From: Wolfgang Spraul <wolfgang at openmoko.com>
To: devel at lists.openmoko.org

We had a meeting in Taipei to try to cleanup the
downloads.openmoko.org folder structure ahead of the Om 2008.8 release
(formerly known as ASU).
First we created a new subfolder obsolete/, and moved the following
folders into it:

asu/
doc/
recommended/
snapshots/
ui_icons/
updates/

The one that was a bit controversial was snapshots/ - is anyone still
using the repositories in that folder?

Then we renamed openmoko-repository/ to just repository/, and the
repositories inside from Freerunner/ to Om2007.7/ and from ASU/ to
2008.8/
Julian will fix the build and rsync scripts so that tomorrow's daily
build will update the files in the new locations.
Tick will make some changes to the community repository, not sure
exactly how that will look like in the end.
We will check the repository path we have in the rootfs in releases/
Freerunner/ and make a symlink so that it points to repository/Om2007.7/

I understand these changes will break stuff in a number of places,
links from the wiki, sources.list etc. We felt that cleaning this up
was important so that people wouldn't accidentally get lost in the
various folders that are actually obsolete.
Nothing was deleted, so if we got something wrong or overlooked
something, it's not too late to change back.
Best Regards,
Wolfgang

John Reese
LeetCode.net