downloads.openmoko.org

Joachim Steiger roh at openmoko.org
Tue Aug 5 20:24:03 CEST 2008

Ferenc Veres wrote:
> Hi,
>
>> We had a meeting in Taipei to try to cleanup the
>> downloads.openmoko.org folder structure ahead of the Om 2008.8 release
>
> Is this the same as "buildhost" server? (Hm, IP looks different.)

nope.
buildhost builds daily, means not neccessarily stable revisions.
currently it built openmoko-devel-image -> 2007.x, gtk
the other buildhost in taipei builds asu images and feeds and synced
them to buildhost partially.

also every hour we rsync fetched sources tarballs accumulating to
http://downloads.openmoko.org/sources/

means 'we built it and provided a binary' -> one can collect the sources
and find the right oe-revision and replicate it as most foss licenses
want (and gpl enforces)

downloads is for 'stuff that should stay'.

buildhost is daily, means it could just be restarted to build from
scratch as has happened these days.

> Of course normal "download" server links are also broken, we need to fix
> them ASAP.
>
> Did we agree to merge Downloads AND Latest Images? I could do it right
> now, and fix all related links to the new dirs meanwhile.
>
> http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Download
> http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Latest_Images

+1 from me.

just do not forget anything and group it nicely

make 'the other' page a redirect

--

Joachim Steiger
Openmoko Central Services