Correct naming of 2008.8

Marko Knöbl openmoko.marko at gmail.com
Thu Aug 7 16:02:23 CEST 2008

2008/8/7 William Lai <will at openmoko.com>:
> Documentation Team,
>
> Just wanted to point out the correct naming within Openmoko and its
> software.
> Thanks to Marko Knöbl for pointing this out:
>
> Hi! I'm the one who changed most of the names of 2008.8 to "Om2008.8"
> and "Openmoko2008.8". I did this because Brenda told me that these are
> the correct names in a post on the mailing list. Now I found that you
> are changing the names to "Om 2008.8" (with a space) again. Are you
> sure that this is the correct version? If you are, could you please
> post a comment to the documentation mailing list about the correct
> name? --Marko Knöbl 20:14, 6 August 2008 (UTC)
>

> Openmoko is the official name of the company.
> Om is the official name of the operating software.
>
> The correct naming for software releases is Openmoko Om 2008.8 (small
> 'm' with space in between).
>
> We sometimes use Om2008.8 (no space) within directories and links,
> because spaces do not work so well in these environments.
>
> Hope this clarifies things.
>
> Regards,
>
> Will

Thank you!

I have changed it to "Om 2008.8" at the Wiki Editing guidelines page [1].
I also added notes to "Om2007.2" and "Openmoko" that these names are
not clear at the moment.

Can you tell me what the correct name for the 2007.2 software is?
Is "Om" the only correct name for the software? This would mean that
many pages are incorrect at the moment as they use "Openmoko" as a
name for the software. For example "Openmoko under QEMU", "Why
Openmoko", or "Openmoko". Do we have to change them?

[1] http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Openmoko_Wiki_Editing_Guidelines