Translations and their categories

Ferenc Veres lion at netngine.hu
Thu Aug 21 23:24:36 CEST 2008

Hi,

Alasal írta, 2008-08-21 02:35 keltezéssel:
>> And now I'm done ;)
>>
>> Categories introduced in the century of languages

Are you Dolfje? I am really happy to see "this" active editor on the
documentation list. This will help working together. :-)

> Okay, I have overlooked a couple (euhm half of the wiki), but that's also
> done now.

Wow, very good job, I checked the new categories. Thank you! You also
created the category pages with language switch, great.

> Conclusion:
> - the wiki has a lot of categories

Yes, some of them are to be removed sooner or later. I am not sure we
agreed on that. E.g. "Information", "Openmoko", "Documentation", because
(almost) EVERYTHING fits in these. (And everybody puts everything in these.)

http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Wiki_Issues#Too_general_category_names

All we need is to check every article and set correct categories for
them. If we can decide... :-)

We could also clean up which category is in which ones and LIMIT this to
the best minimum. E.g. why "Category:GPS" is in "Category:Guides"? Does
not make any sense to me. (Unfortunately the category tree browser does
not work for me, so I can't really see all relations yet.)

http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Special:CategoryTree

> - I've spammed the 'recent changes' list

That's just good for all of us! :-)

Regards,