language bar

Minh Ha Duong haduong at centre-cired.fr
Sun Aug 24 11:42:42 CEST 2008

Ideally everything should be accessible directly of course. But we are
balancing the convenience of langage chooser on top against the inconvenience
of moving the really interesting content further down. In my view the most
important information item is the latest "News and events". If one has to
scroll down to see that, then the design is dysfunctional. This is why I
would move the langage box AND the detailed description paragraph to the
bottom.

That said, IMHO a page design should not be argued box-by-box but as a whole.

BTW: The langage chooser height is actually  1.5 em * number of lines + 0.9
em, not 35px.

Minh
--
--
Minh HA-DUONG                                    Chargé de recherche CNRS
haduong at centre-cired.fr                  CIRED, Campus du Jardin Tropical
Jabber: minh.haduong at gmail.com
http://minh.haduong.com (work), http://minh69.blogspot.com (personal)