Navigation bar on the left

Minh Ha Duong haduong at
Wed Aug 27 23:50:06 CEST 2008

Good evening,

  The secondary (third, fourth whatever!) navigational boxes, like
the black box on the right side of: are
called navigation templates.

  These are most useful to present small sets of chronological or otherwise
well ordered information items. For example, it's obvious to offer navigation
templates between these articles:
Openmoko produced smartphones {GTA01 Neo 1973, GTA02 Neo FreeRunner, GTA 03
Distributions {2007.1, 2007.2, 2008.8 ASU, 2008.9, FSO, SHR, Qtopia, Debian}

I support Ferenc opinion that most other navigation templates are confusing,
but I have to say that I do find the one for Om 2008.8 actually usefull.

So let's try to improve the design of these boxes to see how useful they can

Minh HA-DUONG                                    Chargé de recherche CNRS
haduong at                  CIRED, Campus du Jardin Tropical
tel: +33 1 43 94 73 81                   45bis ave. de la Belle Gabrielle
fax: +33 1 43 94 73 70                    F94736 Nogent-sur-Marne, France
Jabber: minh.haduong at (work), (personal)