Wiki focus - user versus developer documentation

Michael Shiloh michael at
Sat Aug 30 19:23:03 CEST 2008

Minh Ha Duong wrote:
>> By using an extension of MediaWiki it's possible to create custom
>> search boxes (like the Help search on Wikipedia [1]), so I think there
>> won't be a problem with the usability. I really like the idea of
>> having namespaces on our wiki because its content is so diverse.
> Hi Marko,
>   Let me rephrase Michael's points:
> 1.  Overloaded admins = don't even think about it IRL.
> 2.  Excluding developer-oriented pages from the default search namespace would
> be a bad idea.

Wow. Rephrased so well that it sounds like a better idea than the one I
had originally :-)

Now that someone has started working on categories I am more optimistic
that we can get what we need without namespaces.