more thoughts on categories

Ferenc Veres lion at netngine.hu
Sat Aug 30 23:02:29 CEST 2008

Hello there,

Minh Ha Duong írta, 2008-08-30 22:54 keltezéssel:
>> http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Advanced_End-user
>> http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Basic_End-user
>> http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/System_Developer
>> http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Application_Developer
>>
>> As you can see I proposed these for removal and use the automatic
>> category lists instead.
>
>   There are still dozens of inbound links to these pages, they used to be the
> first level navigation pages ! Make sure you Redirect to the Category:X
> rather than Delete outright.

If links are local ones, I maintain them. Eg.:

http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Wiki_Issues#Pages_proposed_for_deletion

These are becoming red when deleted, so I can click them, check "what
links here" and when all fixed, remove the red proposal.

I would also do with Marked For Speedy Deletion items, but those are
never sure to get deleted. So I don't. And when they are, it's too late.
:-)  (SpecialPages broken links help.)

Maybe nothing should directly go to Speedy Deletion category. If we have
a link at the Vote page, we can fix links after link becomes red. (I use
direct Speedy Deletion marker when there is no reason for voting at all.
I will stop doing that.)

Regards,