RFC: Combine "Openmoko_Wiki_Editing_Guidelines" and "Edit_Wiki"

Ferenc Veres lion at netngine.hu
Sun Aug 31 13:16:39 CEST 2008

Michael Shiloh wrote:
> Avoid duplication! (perhaps I'll add a note to this effect in the
> "Openmoko Wiki Editing Guidelines")

Hi,

We could use "Edit Wiki" for general welcome, encourage and overview
page of editing wiki. Use "Openmoko Wiki Editing Guidelines" for
detailed description of how to edit things (using templates, assigning
to categories).

This way the Edit Wiki page needs only small changes, I think tips for
Advanced editors should be renamed to something not containing advanced
(not even I consider myself as advanced editor, so I would ignore such a
section, I don't wanna learn about deep details of namespaces, subpages
and such things) :-) ) (Unless absolutely necessary.)

And somehow make the list of links a bit easier to use. I use that page
often (as it is linked from Menu), but I always scan through several
times to find the specific link I am looking for (guidelines, issues..)

The format is cool anyway, with these "!" words, they could be heading
maybe. Let's keep a page for people interested in wiki editing which is
NOT a bloated detailed description of every single thing a wiki editor
might need to know, and let's keep that as a second step.

Too long reasoning. :-(