New wiki page: Getting Started FAQ

Torfinn Ingolfsen tingox at
Tue Jul 22 09:25:52 CEST 2008

On Tue, Jul 22, 2008 at 1:54 AM, Stroller
<stroller at> wrote:
> Hi there,
> I've just started a new page "Getting Started FAQ" for all the
> annoying questions which keep cropping up on IRC on a daily basis.

A very good start!

This brings up another subject I'm interested in:
When looking for this page, I  went to the search box on the wiki,
input "getting started" and pressed enter,(which gives me the "Go"
action) and I'm takene to
The getting Started FAQ page should be listed there too?

How do we best ensure that cross refernces are updated on our wiki?

> I thought there was going to be discussion here about reorganising
> the wiki and I was going to raise the matter of reorganising the main
> FAQ, which IMO is presently overlarge, unwieldy and uninteresting.

There is still hope. :-)
I agree - the main FAQ should be broken up into more interesting bits.

> But with complete silence on the list since its inception I just
> thought I'd add the page & see if it gets any traction.

I too was a bit surprised to see that ther was silence here. With the
great initial interest, I was expecting the list to almost burst with
messages a few hours after creation.

Michael, can you get someone to fix the Reply-To address fro this
list? It is a bit annoying that I reply to the person who wrote the
message when I really wanted to reply to the list.