Categories. Use of "GTA01", "GTA02" in the Wiki. Was: Re: New wiki page: Getting Started FAQ

Ferenc Veres lion at
Tue Jul 22 22:25:47 CEST 2008

Hi all,

Stroller írta, 2008-07-22 04:05 keltezéssel:
> Finally, this bring me to the *very* wide use of GTA01 & GTA02 within
> the wiki. Wouldn't "Neo1973" and "Freerunner" be better usage, now
> that production has started? It may be useful on occasion to refer to
> GTA02v3 and GTA02v4, but not very frequently compared to the fact
> that these are both fundamentally Freerunners.

+1 from me. I even added these codenames to when I finally clearly understood

> The Freerunner has already exceeded distribution of the Neo1973 by 5
> or 10 times. Many newcomers are getting interested in Openmoko
> because they've read about this cool new Free Software phone that is
> available and because they maybe want to buy a Freerunner. In this
> context "GTA01" and "GTA02" are confusing names.

What about reducing GTA01 information to the level which is NEEDED by
the owners, of course keeping valuable long pages.

E.g. not  ;-)

(Completely outdated. Existing owners won't need this ANSWER, there
won't be new owners from original sale.)

These are "wild wild west" examples.

I could use the page for
collecting these.

LOL "Redundant pages". These
later two are for the same, so definately one of them is redundant.

Can someone with delete access migrate Wiki_pages_that_need_updating
content to Wiki_Issues please? Thanks for the links Torfinn.