the answering machine

Ferenc Veres lion at netngine.hu
Wed Jul 23 10:51:07 CEST 2008

Hi,

Stroller wrote:
> http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Voice_Mailbox
>
> It looks like the current Voice_Mailbox wiki page is simply a
> wishlist and unless anyone is implementing its specifics then that
> page is pretty much useless.

Please note, that there are many pages like that. These are - as I see
them - plans for software, and good place to collect ideas, links to
possible ported software and so on. These pages are for keeping track of
what SHOULD be included in the phone, to evolve the system to a general
purpose smartphone. (Hehe, nice.)

Authors of these pages designed a template to include the most important
information easily.

More examples are:
http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/File_Browser
http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Unit_Converter
http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Screen_Grabber
etc

I think the idea of keeping the Wiki as planning platform is also
important. Of course it must contain {{unimplemented}}.

Thanks,