Wiki maintainers best practices?

Torfinn Ingolfsen tingox at
Wed Jul 23 16:27:11 CEST 2008

Sine I don't have too much experience in maintaining wikis (I'm just
like a janitor, I usually just looks around fixing things whenever I
see them) it wold be good for me at least to have a "best practices"
checklist / reminder for the wiki maintainers team.
Perhaps the rest of the tem find it useful too?

My first  input to such a list is this:
- when you create a new page on the wiki, add it to you watchlist (you
can always remove it from your watchlist when it has stabilized)
- check your watchlist regularly to keep up with the evolution of any
pages you have created

My apologies if this is just "business as usual" for experienced wiki

Torfinn Ingolfsen