Wiki maintainers best practices?

Ferenc Veres lion at netngine.hu
Thu Jul 24 00:18:45 CEST 2008

Hi,

Torfinn Ingolfsen írta, 2008-07-23 16:27 keltezéssel:
> My first  input to such a list is this:
> - when you create a new page on the wiki, add it to you watchlist (you
> can always remove it from your watchlist when it has stabilized)
> - check your watchlist regularly to keep up with the evolution of any
> pages you have created
>
> My apologies if this is just "business as usual" for experienced wiki
> maintainers.

I added this idea to
http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Openmoko_Wiki_Editing_Guidelines#Follow_your_own_pages
so that people gets the good idea. Best practices could go there.

I also cleaned the "Helpfulness" section on this page: renamed it to
"Use categories" and made it easier to overview. Taking another useful
advice from Nielsen:

Non-Scannable Text [is wrong]:
http://www.useit.com/alertbox/9605.html  (Section 4.)

I've added a list of related maintenance pages as "Tools" section to

http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Wiki_Maintainers

If there are some more, please add. However, I don't see any chance that
editors can maintain a manually maintained list like:

http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Openmoko_Wiki_Official_Index_Page

Thanks,
Ferenc
[[Kempelen]]