wiki reorg - Documentation Team

Stroller stroller at stellar.eclipse.co.uk
Fri Jul 25 03:59:44 CEST 2008

On 24 Jul 2008, at 18:50, Michael Moss wrote:

>> "Hi Team,
>> I'm going to spend some time over the next 6 hours (starting right
>> now)
>> to clean up the _______________ page(s)."
>>
>> That way we know that after 6 hours pass from the time they send the
>> message, any of the rest of us can review it, make suggestions, etc.
>
> Any objection to putting some sort of flag right on the page
> itself, like:
>
> "clean-up in progress by <wiki ID> - July 24 10:00am PST"
>
> Then I don't have to search my e-mail every time I want to figure out
> if somebody is working on a given page.

Downside: clutters the page history with updates which don't add to
or improve the page.

Upside: allows regular users who aren't subscribed to this list to
see that the page is under maintenance.

I'm +1 on this suggestion right now, and unless anyone else can see
any other disadvantages then it should become standard practice for
any major edits.

Ideally the time should be shown in local time (can this be defined
in user preferences?). A template might be good for a banner
displaying the "clean-up in progress" message.

Stroller.