Trademark policy page deleted, moved to privacy policy.

Stroller stroller at stellar.eclipse.co.uk
Thu Jul 31 14:08:34 CEST 2008

Hi there,

The "trademark policy" page has been deleted (2 days ago) and moved
to privacy policy.

http://wiki.openmoko.org/index.php?title=Trademark_Policy&action=edit
- Warning: You are recreating a page that was previously deleted.

http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Openmoko:Privacy_policy

This change makes no sense to me, because the two subjects are quite
different.

The trademark page used to be prominently linked to from the main
page. I suggested it be linked to less prominently (small print at
the foot), but think this deletion may be (ahem) ill-advised. I
discovered this action because a user was just asking about Trademark
usage on IRC, wanting to do a CC-licensed presentation (or something)
on Openmoko. The trademark page is, after all, (presumably) official
Openmoko policy and was (again presumably) put there by an Openmoko
employee.

The user that has done this, Coolcat, is VERY active, so it may well
be worthwhile having him onboard with this list.
http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/User:Coolcat
I apologise for raising this matter if Coolcat is an Openmoko
employee and is trying to bring the wiki into line with Openmoko
plans / policy (but like I say, this change doesn't make any sense to
me).

Unfortunately, for various reasons, I'm not going to be able to give
the wiki - and this list - the commitment I planned. Sorry about
that. So I won't be able to pursue this matter & it's just a "heads
up" to you guys.

Additionally the last section of <http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/
License> to the correct page wherever the trademark usage rules end
up. It says: "It is worthwhile to note that FIC ("FIRST INTERNATIONAL
COMPUTER, INC. CORPORATION") is currently the legal holder of the
Openmoko mark (USPTO #77013374 standard character mark)"...

Stroller.