RFC: delete SH1 FAQ

Michael Shiloh michael at openmoko.org
Mon Sep 1 03:15:10 CEST 2008

Ferenc Veres wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Cesar Eduardo Barros írta, 2008-08-30 21:20 keltezéssel:
>> Michael Shiloh escreveu:
>>> Unless we have an entirely separate place for archives, this clutters up
>>> the wiki:
>>>
>>> http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/SH1_FAQ
>> We could easily create one; move it to something like
>> [[Archives/SH1_FAQ]] and decree all subpages of [[Archives]] to be
>> historical pages.
>>
>> [[SH1]] and [[SH1 FAQ]] have some historical interest, due to being the
>> URL in the "coaster" sent with the GTA01.
>
> "SH1" will stay I think.
>
> Earlier today I mailed the author of the linked and related:
>
> http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Shipping_Notes
>
> asking whether that's still something useful for ones ordering phone
> today, and if not, whether we could delete it. Outdated ordering
> information is worse than anything else, because it leads to trouble too
> early. ;-D Waiting for reply from author.
>
> Documents which are popular enough to be linked from many places should
> be kept. Even if they are outdated. (Getting started guides, etc.)

Not sure I agree with this. Could be that those linking pages are
misguided or possibly candidates for deletion themselves.

> Delete SH1 FAQ: +1.

Enough of us voted. I've deleted.

> Anyway, delete proposals are here, please vote sometime: :-)
> http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Wiki_Issues#Pages_proposed_for_deletion

The trouble with this is that I don't know when the voting took place,
or what the reasons were. I prefer to have a 1-2 day discussion on the
list, then make a decision.

But I will use this list to help me decide what to delete next.

> Michael: you could use the Editing template on the FAQ. ;-) Is it too
> big? :-D
> http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Template:Editing

Didn't know about it. Thanks!