RFS: Where to put rapidly changing problems and solutions

Michael Shiloh michael at openmoko.org
Mon Sep 1 07:35:45 CEST 2008

There are numerous issues that change on an almost daily basis (suspend,
echo, battery charging, keyboards, etc.) and are distribution (in our
sense of the word) -specific.

I'd like to suggest that the FAQ be for questions that are likely to
remain consistent for some period of time, while questions that are
likely to be resolved soon (e.g. can't suspend 2008.8 suddenly) be
elsewhere, and I think that elsewhere should be the "known issues"
section for each distribution.

I'm pleased to see that 2008.8 has such a section
(http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Om2008.8#Known_Issues) but it is the only
distro that has one.

For consistency, I'd like each distro to have a "known issues" section.
Many work arounds and other hints will be more appropriate here than in
the FAQ.

Comments?