RFS: Where to put rapidly changing problems and solutions

Minh Ha Duong haduong at centre-cired.fr
Wed Sep 3 07:48:32 CEST 2008

Le mercredi 03 septembre 2008, Michael Shiloh a écrit :
> Frank W. Kooistra wrote:
> > On Monday 01 September 2008 07:35:45 Michael Shiloh wrote:
> >> For consistency, I'd like each distro to have a "known issues" section.
> >> Many work arounds and other hints will be more appropriate here than in
> >> the FAQ.
> >>
> >> Comments?
> >
> > I do think you suggestion is a good one. Belongs where you suggested.
> >
> > But we have to take care that those sections are monitored closely and
> > updated promptly.
> Yes. I'll be scanning my 2000+ inbox for emails relating to known
> issues, and I will update as I can.
> Clearly it will be hard to keep all 5 distros up to date.
> I was thinking just this morning it would be nice if each distro had a
> (passionate) person responsible for keeping the known issues up to date.

  I am not sure about how responsiblities can be done. If we had such a
person, I would suggest him/her to maintain a daily flag / traffic light /
DEFCON indicator :    http://www.personalthreatlevel.com/home/threatlevel

  Maybe it would be agreeable to multiplex temporally and schedule a ML patrol
duty roll. We put up a table with 31 rows on the roll page, and volunteers
sign up for the days they want to scan the mail traffic.

Minh HA DUONG, Chargé de Recherche, CNRS
CIRED, Centre International de Recherches sur l'Environnement et le