RFS: Where to put rapidly changing problems and solutions

Frank W. Kooistra frank at ocelot.nl
Thu Sep 4 20:31:18 CEST 2008

On Wednesday 03 September 2008 00:02:31 Michael Shiloh wrote:
> Frank W. Kooistra wrote:
> > On Monday 01 September 2008 07:35:45 Michael Shiloh wrote:
> >> For consistency, I'd like each distro to have a "known issues" section.
> >> Many work arounds and other hints will be more appropriate here than in
> >> the FAQ.
> >>
> >> Comments?
> >
> > I do think you suggestion is a good one. Belongs where you suggested.
> >
> > But we have to take care that those sections are monitored closely and
> > updated promptly.
>
> Yes. I'll be scanning my 2000+ inbox for emails relating to known
> issues, and I will update as I can.
>
> Clearly it will be hard to keep all 5 distros up to date.
>
> I was thinking just this morning it would be nice if each distro had a
> (passionate) person responsible for keeping the known issues up to date.
>
> Any volunteers?

The poster of the "known issue"  will be aware when the bug is solved . After
all the bug was bugging him/her. we could assign a resp[onsability there.

We could also make a rule that when a new version is rolled out all issues of
the previous version are deleted

e.g  when 2008.9 is due 2008.8 issues are deleted. Sounds crude, but the new
version has to be tested on them anyhow.

when my FR arrives (Christian why so long ?? ) i will definitly check the
issues and follow up on those distros which fancy me

Kind regards
--
Frank W. Kooistra

Neo FreeRunner  on the way ???