Fwd: RFS: Where to put rapidly changing problems and solutions

clare johnstone claregj at gmail.com
Fri Sep 5 08:29:26 CEST 2008

Sorry Minh, I meant this to go to the list also.

On Fri, Sep 5, 2008 at 1:56 PM,  <haduong at centre-cired.fr> wrote:

>  Instead, I would suggest that the 2008.8 distribution is the 'last
> released' or the 'supported' distribution. And "2008.8 opkg updated from
> the 2008.8 repository" or "flashed from yesterday's asu images" is the
> 'up to date' distribution.
>
> Minh

Why go to such incredible lengths to avoid the use of a "date". ?
Words like "current" or "most recent" are totally useless  without the date
at which they were written.  Because of World Time variations the date
should be part of every name, so that people dont have to worry about
where in the world a file came from.

clare